Did you know...?
Hurricane season is creeping up on us. As many of you know, hurricanes normally travel along the coastline. In 2004 Maryland was hit by three separate hurricanes in the month of September alone! Hurricane Frances (Sept. 8), Ivan (Sept 17) and Jeanne (Sept. 28) all brought high winds, flooding and some tornado outbreaks. We at Ayd Hardware want our customers and community to be well prepared for hurricane season. We carry many items that aren't considered important until it's almost too late. Here is a small list of items we carry that would be very beneficial in the event of a natural disaster situation:
- Flashlight with extra batteries and bulbs
- First Aid kit
- A hurricane lamp (oil lamp with plenty of oil)
- Ratchet tie downs and bungee cords to keep items stationary
- Bleach for clean up and mold prevention
- Insect Sprays (more standing water means more mosquitoes)
- Tarps and drop clothes to assist with covering windows and doors
- A wet vacuum
- A toolbox with basic tools (hammer, 6-in-1 screw driver, staple gun, hacksaw, and pliers)
We also have provided a link to the checklist provided by the National Hurricane Center here: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/prepare/supply_kit.shtml.
No related articles were found.